Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sea Creatures Galore

Ever since my first snorkeling experience in St. Thomas in 2008, I've been completely obsessed with painting anything "ocean" related.  At first, many of these amazing little creatures seem like just another, but if you look closely, each is a work of art in its own.  Every day I say to myself, "Okay, Shelly, it's time to paint some pigs or landscapes or a horse," and within five minutes, somehow I find myself painting another fish or my latest obsession, Seahorses.  I've just learned a bit about pygmy seahorses.................they are the size of a grain of rice!!!!  How truly amazing.  So, as usual, I look a little closer and the detail available to me as an artist is extraordinary.  More to come soon, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment